|Title||Director of Development – Bridge of Grace Compassionate Ministries Center|
|Categories||Industry: Nonprofit, Location: Fort Wayne, Type: Full Time|
Bridge of Grace Compassionate Ministries Center is an inner-city ministry founded in 2010 that serves in a multiethnic community that faces many challenges. The organization’s primary focus is community development. Community development is defined as a process where community members come together to take collective action and generate solutions to common problems.
Summary of Position: The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to plan and execute corporate, foundation, individual donor, annual fund, and charitable planned giving programs. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day planning, coordination, oversight and management of the organization’s efforts. The Director of Development is responsible for creating and implementing Bridge of Grace’s fund-raising and marketing strategy, creating best practices and driving all development and public relations efforts of the organization including major gifts, special events, donor cultivation and solicitation, foundation and corporate relations and planned giving.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Fundraising – Establishes goals for unrestricted funding sources and enlists support from members of agency Board, staff, and volunteers. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to institutional donors.
2. Annual Fund – Establish an annual fund program to include the development and maintenance of the organization’s mailing list, compose solicitation letters and associated material and inserts. Also to handle the mailing of the correspondence involved. This includes fundraising events and other fundraising tactics and strategies needed included in the annual fund portion of the development plan.
3. Major Gift/Donor Support – Orchestrate major donor, board and special category solicitations and produce support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
4. Corporate Relations and sponsorships – This involves developing relationships in the corporate community and establishing partnerships that will result in gifts, sponsorships, and service opportunities for them.
5. Database and Records Management – Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining mechanized and paper records of contributors. Generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed. Manage any related vendors.
6. Development & Public Relations – Supervises most development and public affairs matters, particularly the creation of various communications such as the newsletters, brochures, annual report, general PowerPoint presentations, executive correspondences and speeches. Assures update content for website.
7. Planned Giving Program – Track progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts. Fulfill requests, produce correspondences and encourage partial/early disbursement where appropriate.
Other duties may be assigned. On an ongoing basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and description of your spiritual journey to:
Or call the office at: 260-744-4446