Website The Alexander
The Bar Assist is responsible for helping the bartender in the daily operation of the bar.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 ponds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be responsible for receiving all liquor, beer and wine from storeroom in a daily basis.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar, refrigerators, and service areas of the bar in an organized manner.
- Replenish all liquor, beer and wine as needed in the bar during the shift.
- Be familiar with beverages, cocktails and hotel mixing portion control according to hotel standards.
- Assist in opening and closing side-work as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the bar or lounge areas.
- Assist with maintaining beverage cost.
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving alcohol with care to avoid any challenges with intoxicated guests.
- Retrieve all food items from kitchen and deliver to customers according to proper service standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
You must sign in to apply for this position.