Fifth Freedom gives people with disabilities the tools to organize themselves and tackle common problems.
The Fifth Freedom Network
Job Description – Office Technology Assistant
Hours of Work: Part time – approximately 15-20 hours per week
Geographic Region: Indiana – primarily Fort Wayne
Job Overview: The Office Technology Assistant is responsible for assisting Fifth Freedom staff with enhancing and maintaining our database of Indiana’s disability services, as well as handling community outreach via social media, telephone calls, and email. This entry-level position would be ideal for someone looking to begin working in the nonprofit sector.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Research– Researching and compiling disability resource information for Fifth Freedom’s web directory, IndianaPop, such as service descriptions, addresses, and contact information
• Data Entry – Entering results of research into online form at IndianaPop and verifying the accuracy of data already on the site
• Social Media – Positing relevant, timely, disability-related news and resources to Fifth Freedom’s social media accounts
• Front Desk – Answering phones, responding to email inquiries, welcoming and directing visitors
• Events – Assisting with and preparing for meetings, forums, and other events
• Other Duties – Completing other duties as assigned
• Enthusiasm for disability advocacy and serving the disability community
• Ability to complete projects in a timely manner while working independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
• A high level of skill with using search engines and conducting online research
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
• Familiarity with using Twitter, Facebook, and other social media tools
To be considered for this position, please submit a full resume including any relevant skills and volunteer work, as well as a one page cover letter explaining your interest in our organization.
You must sign in to apply for this position.