Website The Alexander
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Housekeeping Inspector to work at to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department providing supervision of the housekeeping staff under guidance of Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Controls, monitors and communicates room status with front desk.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Inspects, monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas as assigned.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns regarding housekeeping/laundry services.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Assists in conducting inventories of uniforms, linen, supplies and equipment as required and orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Turn in ready rooms to computer as soon as they become available; turn in discrepancies with front desk daily before the end of shift.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in housekeeping is required in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
- Outstanding organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Basic office skills, experience with personal computer & Microsoft Office, general office equipment and 10-key calculator.
You must sign in to apply for this position.