Website The Alexander
The Steward is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also responsible for assisting with proper food storage and rotation.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
- Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Be able to properly use chemicals to sanitize and know the MSDS information of each.
- Service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
- Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
- Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Follow all sanitation standards.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
- Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand.
- Breakdown and store necessary equipment as needed.
- Report any maintenance needed on equipment.
- Change the water on the dishwashing machine.
- Wash, rinse, sanitize, sort, and store all pots, glasses, china, silver, and flatware.
- Clean and organize all designated areas to include sweeping, mopping and washing floors.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
You must sign in to apply for this position.